17.5.07

I am nothing but a corpse

[Burn - Seated figure]

I am nothing but a corpse now, a body at the bottom of a well. Though I drew my last breath long ago and my heart stopped beating, no one, apart from that vile murderer, knows what's happened to me. As for that wretch, he felt for my pulse and listened for my breath to be sure I was dead, then kicked me in the midriff, carried me to the edge of the well, raised me up and dropped me below.

Orhan Pamuk,
My Name is Red
(original:
Benim Adim Kirmizi. Tradução de Erdağ M. Göknar)


Recolho os últimos pedaços. Os olhos nas costas mirando o vazio que fica. E estas cartas que me assombram o passado. Porque chegará o nada. Porque eu quero. Porque eu quero ver. Longamente. E então ninguém me impedirá. Porque me levantei e olhei para mim.

Sem comentários: